"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 28, 2014 Aeropuerto

Well, with the new companion things are going alright. I feel like I'm training him and that I am teaching about 90 percent of each lesson. I am doing my best but its getting difficult here again. Hes a cool guy but really is new to everything still. I am doing my best with him and we get along just fine, its just with the fact that when we teach he really doesn't talk during lessons. When he does talk, its tough to get him to open up. I'm working on it.

We put three dates this week. One with Ajenor, a friend of the bishops, and the other two were from a reference that we received. Only Ajenor came to church so we may have to move the other two, Daniel and Karen to another date. We will have to see what happens there. They're golden investigators, but they really are just a little lazy with things.... They have a date set for the 23rd of August and are hopefully planning to attend church this week. Put them in your prayers.
We dropped a lot of oldies this week that weren't really progressing... including the family Diaz Cruz. They were cool at first, but they lost the fire because they were never home to let us teach them. We'd set a date or an appointment with them and then they'd flake on it every time. We dropped Nataniel because he was never home either... its sad, but it needs to be done. I hate to see that work we put in go down the drain, but the seed has been planted and its up to them to make it grow. We have met with a lot of people that speak English and Its really fun to get to speak the native language to someone every now and then. But we have found a new investigator named Lupe from a less active member named Alfred. Its his girlfriend. He lived in the US for the majority of his childhood and was deported and put in prison for three years for the US losing his papers to be considered a citizen. It was so sad to hear his story. He said," How would you feel if you were thrown in prison for three years for a crime that you never committed...?" It was heartbreaking. His family is there, his job and life was there... now he says over and over again that he hates it here. I feel so bad for the guy, but he has helped us out with his girlfriend a lot and we hope to continue to teach them... wish us luck. 

That's about it for this week. Kind of a rough one for me, but I am doing alright. Thanks for everything guys. Your letters, your support, and your love. I know you'll always be there for me. 
Love you guys,
Kia Kaha,
EP
This is the only picture I have this week. Sorry. Its of me and a menos activo named Antonio. He saw my camera and wanted a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment