"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 4, 2014 Aeropuerto

With the disappointments of last weeks events, this weeks letter I am sure will be cut very short. But, like always, I will try my best. 
Things were rather tough, not because of the events that happened, but because of the fact that we found out a lot of information that shocked elder Maciel and I... Hermana Karin came to church yesterday with her two young girls and said she loved it! Oorah! But, her husband admitted to us the saturday before, that he had been committing adultery with a woman living in the house in front of the house of Hermana Karins mom, Gloria. Along with that, they two of them both told us that Hermana Gloria had been just cheating us and telling us, the missionaries, what we wanted to hear... She doesnt care about what we say. It was really tough to hear because we thought she was such a great investigator. Hermana Karin is amazing and still going strong with everything. She really wants this change in her life and its great to see it all coming into place. She has a baptismal date for the 23rd of this month and her husband wont be long afterwards... he just has a lot of doubts that are rather touchy to cover and answer sometimes. We are working with him though. Hermano Ajenor, the son in law of the bishop, has plans to be baptized on the 21st of this month on the same day as his marriage.... I cant wait to see this one fall into place. Hes super cool, just hard to get into contact with due to his work schedule. We are both working with him and praying that things are still staying strong with him.

Those are basically the major events of the week. Nothing overly huge or exciting, but hey, we are working our hardest and trying our best. Its tough to hear the things we did this week (let alone the things that I've been through this week also) but I cant really do anything about it. I am praying, asking for the success that we have worked so hard for and I finally feel that its coming in. Just gotta keep moving forward. I am obedient. I am working harder than I ever have. I am trying my best. I am proud of the way I have served. I am proud to be a missionary. I am proud to be a Proctor. 
Love you all, hope you have a great a fun filled week.
-EP

PS- Yeah we had a Zone Class this last week and I received word that they packages got stuck at the border... dang government.... But Elder Sepulveda told me to tell you not to send things through DHL because they always get checked harder and more intense than through other shipping methods. Just send it like normal and we wont have any issues like this. I am fine on contacts to last for a few more months... I wont have to resort to glasses quite yet. But thank you for sending me the necessities. Love you guys!
Hungry Elders waiting for pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment