"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014 Aeropuerto - Our Golden Investigator

Whats Up Everyone!
Hey guys so I had a pretty crazy week this week. A couple of events happened that have really moved the way I think aobut things here in Mexico and I am hoping its for the better. Im gunna jump right into it.
First off, we had a zone conference this last friday with president and his family. We also had a special surprise. Elder Arnulfo Valenzuela came from the area presidency. He spoke in the last general conference in october! Crazy right! He came here all the way to carmen to talk to us, him and his wife. He talked to us for about two hours and then we finished. The conference went well and we learned a lot. I know I did. After that, we went to leave, my companion and I, and President Morales came over to me and told me that I was going to be interviewed by Elder Valenzuela.... I immediately got super nervous... I walked into the room, shook his hand and he started speaking spanish.... CRUD. But the crazy part was that he started to ask me some questions about what I wanted to do with my life and what I wanted to study after the mission. He asked me if I could see myself finishing the mission and seeing myself return with honor. I answered him and then he told me basically everything that was in my Patriarchal Blessing.... I was literally listening to the same blessing over again as he told it to me. I was amazed at some of the things he said. Almost word for word what my blessing says. He told me to look for the attributes that Nephi has when he goes to get the golden plates. He knew that he could die... he knew the circumstances and the consequnces but in the end, he simple says, I will go and I will do. He told me to push along with that attitude and to always look forward, never back. It isnt everyday that you get to have a one on one interview with a General Authority so I was definitely taken aback with the things that he said. I will never forget him. He also told me to try to contact him when I finish the mission... I have plans to do exactly that =) 
A member took us for "Chinese" food.
The second event that I want to talk about was an experience that we had last night with an hermana that we went to go visit. We had no plans at about 730 or so at night and we were walking down this street trying to find someone to teach. Elder Smith was a little bit behind me and told me to turn down this upcoming street on our right. We started to walk and about 2 or 3 minutes later we found a lady, about mid thirties, walking outside of her gate to get something. We walked over to her and introduced ourselves, just to kind of kill the last half hour before we started to head back to the house. We didnt expect much of it but she had told us that she had been visited by the missionaries of our church about three years ago. She told us that she had to stop the lessons because she got really sick and couldnt continue them with the other missionaries. She was sad because she never could find us. We got inside and started to have talk with her more. We had a prayer and then I had the impression to tell her something. I said, "Hermana, we didnt have plans to come here. We were literally just walking and my companion told me to turn right down this street, It jus so happens that you were outside when we were walking down the street. Hermana, that isnt a coincidence. That was fate. That was meant to happen." I could tell that she started to tear up a little bit and said, "yo lo se" which means I know. We finished up the lesson with a short little testimony meeting between the three of us, and now, we have a meeting with her tomorrow at 8. Pretty6 crazy how the spirit works sometimes. We literally had no plans to do anything, yet we just randomly turned down this street and there she was... our golden investigator =)
Well, those are the two crazy events that I had this week. Nothing huge, but enough to make me flip my mind around about some things.  I know I can be better.  I need to do it despite the struggles and pains that I may face. I want to do whats right. Its as simple as that. 
I hope you all know, Keaton, Sadie, Mom and Dad, Zoey and Rider, that I love you all. More than you know. Its hard to really get this message, along with the feelings, through to you on a computer screen every monday. But I want you to know that it comes from every fiber of my heart that I love you. I want you all the personally to know that. 
Have an amazing week this week you guys.... =) Les quiero mucho!
-Kia Kaha!
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment