"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Friday, March 21, 2014

March 17, 2014 - Aeropuerto

Hey Everybody!
Game of Uno with the Elders
First off, I finally received the package that you guys sent! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THAT! I loved the Zours and the journals and especially the ward news letter! It was awesome to see how everyone else was doing! I absolutely loved reading and seeing those pictures from the other missionaries. I actually gave some of the zours to some of the young kids in the ward to let them try what American candy tastes like. Some of them told me that it tastes better than theirs... hahaha! SO, Thank you all so much for those nice cards and letters that you sent me. I loved hearing what you had to say and thank you so much for the words of advice. I really am happy that I have such a strong ward that supports their missionaries. Its a very comforting feeling knowing that. =) THANK YOU!
Well, March Madness has officially started I assume and I cant believe that I'm missing it. Feels like just yesterday I was there watching it downstairs with Keat. Crazy how fast that time flew by. Now I sit here with officially 8 months under my belt and I cant believe where the time has gone with that. I am nearly halfway done here. Still have a long journey ahead of me, but things are definitely picking up here in Aerpuerto. 
The District
This week, we honestly haven't had that much time to teach many people. Why you might ask... well the answer is that we had to move houses. We received word when Elder Valenzuela came that we needed to change because of the living conditions in the other house weren't up to church standards and the rent was too expensive.... So, we spent about three full days looking for houses. The rent here is ridiculous for the amount of space that each house occupies. About 6000 pesos, or 550 dollars or so for a little room about the size of my room and the bathroom combined. Its insane. But, we managed to find a place that a member had once lived in about three months ago. The landlord of the house happens to be one of our baptismal dates named Angela. She is a little crazy, but she managed to drop the price for us and now we have a house that has two air conditioners, three rooms, a living room and two bathrooms- all for only 4500. Pretty awesome =) We spent all of Thursday, Friday and Saturday moving and painting the house to make it right for the living conditions. Hermana Morales is pretty big on those kinds of things. So, we talked to a couple of the members to see if they could help us move all of our things over about 10 minutes from the other house. Surprisingly it only took two and a half trucks, (like the Tacoma size) to get everything over there. Everything worked out well and I wont have to worry about paying the bills for the month anymore. 
The Zone
Alright, well I have heard a lot about Prom, Eagle Court of Honor, braces, teeth, and things of that nature =) I am so happy for you bro. Keep up the hard work with everything. That eagle will help you with a lot of things. I promise. I didn't think it mattered, but it does. Especially now. Keep it up with Ball though! I cant wait to watch you play! Sades.... I am sorry about the teeth. I've been there haha... But it'll be over before you know it and you wont have to worry about it anymore. Stick it out and stay strong okay =) I love ya girl! You'll be perfectly fine =) Kia Kaha right? Mom and Dad. Thank you for the things you have done. I know it seems kind of routine to say that, but I promise it doesn't go unnoticed. The amount of support and love that you send me with each letter is great. I cant tell you enough, that's why it shows up every letter =) I just want to thank you both personally and tell you how great and how important you two are to me. I don't say it enough, and I need to work harder at that. Along with the struggles that I have here, I know that you two are always going to be behind me pushing me up. I cam across a song that I love the other day and it has a verse that says, "When destiny calls you, you must be strong. I may not be with you, but you've got to hold on." To me, this is exactly what it is with me and my family. I am here, for 15 more months, I must be strong even though you aren't here with me. That's what I plan on doing. Thank you for the support and the love. I cannot thank you enough for all of it. KIA KAHA for life. 
-EP
p.s. I love you guys. 
p.s.s. This is me celebrating 8 months at DQ with an oreo blizzard =)

Hurrah for 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment