"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013 - Carmen

Hey Everybody!
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! I know I did! It was about 95 degrees here but it definitely felt like Christmas. 
Elders in the shape of a Christmas tree . . and Chester.
This week wasn't entirely amazing, but we did get the chance to hear from Elder Walker again yesterday. He came to the stake center to tell us everything that we need to do this year in order to be more productive missionaries with the members of the wards we are in. He is a really cool guy and you can definitely tell that he is a member of the Area 70. We had a great Christmas here though. President Morales came with his family on Friday and brought everyone new microwaves for Christmas! CRAZY! He also brought the packages that you all sent me! Thank you all so much for the gifts. They meant the world to me. (the LEGOS were perfect) I spent a good hour and half just snaking and building legos all night.... Perfect Christmas for me. I had a great time reading letters and opening presents, even if it wasn't with you guys, it still felt like Christmas morning back home. It was a great holiday by myself. =) 
A little tree of my own.
This last week we committed Hermana Dulce to be baptized! She has a date set for the 11th of January. So we are quickly getting her prepared as best we can before she steps into that covenant with God. She knows its true and its so cool to see her change in the blink of an eye. She is so ready for this step in her life. Its pretty exciting knowing that I probably will be the one who gets to baptize her also. Hopefully this one happens! We are still working with Hermana Keila (16 year old girl.) She is part of a less active family, and is having problems with her mom because her mom doesn't want her to be baptized without knowing for herself if its true. We are trying super hard to push her mom out of the picture so that she can make the decision on her own time but she has been asked to be baptized. We are just waiting on her response. Pray for her!
A day on the streets of Carmen.
Apart from those two investigators, we are trudgin along trying to figure things out still. We have had a lot more success here in Carmen and I definitely like it a lot more than my past two areas. Its been such a hoot having the companions that I have had here in Carmen. Elder Sepulveda and Larsen. Love em both!
I want to let all of you know how grateful I am to have you in my life. Every single one of you. I would never be here if it weren't for you all behind me supporting me with the decisions that I have made. I plan to work this coming year really hard with the new resolutions I have put for myself and I encourage you all to do the same. I plan to be more confident with the things that I do and say. I want to be that type of a person. I know, with you all supporting me, that I can make that possible and you all can help me. Thank you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! 2014!!!! 

Kia Kaha,
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment