"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014 - Carmen

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
A typical street in Carmen
Hey guys! Well I have a lot to say this week even though we didnt do a whole lot, we still had some crazy stuff happen. To start off the week we had our new years eve dinner at a members house... she gave us SO much food. I felt like the fat plump girl off of willey wonka and the chocolate factory after she chewed that gum stick thing... I was stuffed like I've never been before. After that we had to be in the house by 8 because of all the drunk people that were out and about. So we headed home and went right to bed after we finished a little bit of the cake that the sister had given us. I couldn't sleep because it sounded like the world was exploding outside with all of the rocket launchers and bombs going off. The fireworks here aren't like the ones in the states. They just explode. They don't shoot up in the air or anything. So, imagine a bomb blowing up right next to your house for 10 hours... It was awesome. 
Looking over the Gulf
The next big event is that we have finally set the date for this coming Saturday for Hermana Dulce's baptism! She is super excited and cant wait to get baptized. The ward knows all about it and its going to be huge! They made an announcement yesterday in church for it, even though she wasn't there in church, and everyone was asking us about it afterwards. We both are super stoked to finally help her make that sacred covenant with God. Shes super ready and deserves the peace and tranquility in her life and for her daughter and son. We love her a lot. So, right now, she is our only focus. We have others that are progressing, but they haven't progressed enough yet. They have to come to church 5 times before they can be baptized so we still have a while with each of them. 
I got super duper duper duper sick on Thursday night. Probably something I ate. Not entirely sure because it only lasted a day. It started raining super hard on Friday and it lasted all day long. President called us and told us that we didn't have to go out and work because all of the streets were flooded and we couldn't get anywhere. (it was terrible) But it worked out to my favor because I was sick =) It turned out to be just a lazy day in bed, but I still had a nice time catching up on some sleep and reading. 
Rainy days flood the streets
Apart from that, its rained a lot here this last week and it is still raining today. I am loving the rain because it cools things off and Id rather be wet from the rain than wet from my own sweat and sticky from it as well. Things  are going well. NO complaints. Still learning the language and trying to adjust because its an ongoing process... It doesn't just happen quickly, even after 6 months. 
Anyways, I hope you all had a great week and a happy new year with all the things you did. I know you all set some great goals for this coming year and I hope you stick to them. Don't just lettem fly off after two or three weeks. DON'T BE LAZY! My new years resolution is to be more confident in the things I do and say. That's the only one I've got because I really need to work at it with the stuff that I am doing here. I am working at it everyday with Elder Gray and Sepulveda. They're both great guys and great role models so I am glad that I have the chance to learn from them. But that's what I am working on this year. I will let you know what happens at the end of the year if I am still alive trying to make it. 
Cinderella from Villahermosa
I love you all and wish you a happy new year! Keep up the good work and stay strong with all that you do! I am praying for each and every one of you each and every day. Never forget it. Les Quiero mucho!

-Elder Proctor

Kia Kaha
Elder G. in the colorful Carmen streets



No comments:

Post a Comment