"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Last week in Villahermosa-December 19, 2013

A member took the Elders to TGIF
Hey Guys!
I had a really tough week this week. Saw a dog got run over by a car... it was awesome. Anyways. We havent had a whole lot of success this week but the good news is that we are both being transferred to Carmen! This is where Elder Haglund is and I hope is still there. Carmen 2 is what it is called. We are being transferred together which doesnt happen very often but its only because there are 9 new american sisterss that are coming in tomorrow morning so they want us out of here. It was tough saying goodbye becuase I really loved the ward. I got along with the bishop really well and his family. I felt like I was a part of a big family here, but we just werent having the success that we had hoped. Its a good thing though and Im super excited becuase Carmen is right next to the beach. Hopefully this new area will be a good fit also. I hear its really nice, along with the house and the people there. I am super stoked though.

Last picture of the Villahermosa District
We had a party on Friday night called the Cena Navidena with the ward. I have never had so much fun with a ward before at a ward activity. They asked all the missionaries to have a little concert for the ward at this party thing.... I obviously played all of me... Crowd loved it... haha It was pretty fun to play the piano though for a group of people. Had some food, told santa my wishes for the year and got to see hermana Cinderella at the activity also. She showed up a little late with her younger daughter. It was so cool to finally see her. We found out that her ex husband was the governor of a state in mexico and she moved away because he had some troubles with the law... Pretty crazy to hear that we were talking to the first lady. Shes living in adultry though with another guy named TOmas.... THe baseball player. He ended up leaving though because she really wanted to change, so he left to Veracruz to go play ball there. It all happened so suddenly. So at least shes making progress. Too bad we wont be there to see her be baptized. I know eventually that she will make that committment. Depends on how good these new sister missionaries are. Ohala! (hopefully) I will send a picture of her and santa at the party from friday. 
EP with investigators
Apart from that, the big news was that we are getting transferred. Nothing special, really happened. The area has been super difficult for the both of us. Elder Gray has lost over 15 pounds from walking. Luckily, I havent lost anything, just have gotten nasty tan lines everywhere. The weather is cooling down for the next few months and its been raiining a lot also so it makes it a little bit more tolerable.
Im staying positive with the new transfer coming and learning as much as I can. Chances are that next transfer I might be a trainer depending on how good I am with the language. Ahorita, estoy aprendiendo cada dia con diferente palabras y todo. Elder Gray me ayuda con las palabras que yo no entiendo cuando estamos en una leccion, pero, como yo dije, estoy aprendiendo. 
Elders y Hermanas and Santa
I love you all so much and cant wait to talk to you next week about the new area and how its all going to be. Stay strong with everything you do. -Thank you Keaton for that letter you wrote. You really are such an inspiriation to me and you are a huge reason as to why Im here. Along with Sadie, you two are the people I want to set the example for. You two are amazing.- I am so lucky to have such a strong family behind my back pushing me to my highest potential. I know I say this every week, but you guys are so amazing. I would never be here if it werent for you all. Keep up the good work!
Kia Kaha!

A Member took the Elders shopping.
Cinderella, her daughter and Santa
-EP
How 'bout dem apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment