"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Friday, July 3, 2015

July 6, 2015 Villahermosa "My Last Letter"

Hey Everyone!
730 days ago I set out on a journey unsure of what could possibly happen in the future and completely vulnerable to say the least. Now, 730 days later as I write my final letter to you all all I can do is look back and ask myself "where did that time go." I believe I asked myself the same thing as soon as I graduated high school.... The time has flown by. The memories will always stay with me. Its been an uphill battle the entire way but the end result is within sight and I can only say thank you to all of you that helped me fight those battles. I realize now what it means to make every moment count and to live it while you have it because it only lasts a little while. To me, that is completely clear now.  
This week has been a week of trial and tribulation for me. We went on a grand total of 3 divisions this week, one with the zone leaders, one normal one, and the other happened yesterday with the assistants to the president. It was rather awkward not being able to be in one place and made the week a rather long one. 
On top of that news, we recieved an alarming phone call from my recent convert, Kimberly, last night. She was in tears and crying very hard from what it sounded like. (I wasnt present because of the divisions with the Assistants) She told us that her husband, Sergio, had violently left her and told her he wanted nothing to do with her anymore. After getting them both married and baptized only a month previous, I was alarmed to hear this news. We havent been able to see her quite yet, but I will let you know what happens there when I see you guys in a week. =) Its tough because he left her with no job and three young toddlers... I called her personally last night and she was crying harder than I have ever heard anyone cry. It broke my heart to listen to her explain to me how she was doing. But we did recieve word that she did obtain a form of work to help support her small family. Apart from that, the rest of the story remains a mystery and we shall find out what happens tonight when we pass by. 

As my last week as a full time missionary winds to a close I am trying my best to take advantage of all the opportunities that are being thrown at me. We are now in a trio with Elder Peterson, Me, and Elder Serrano from El Salvador. (this is because I am leaving and they dont want to special transfer Elder Peterson when I leave.) Hes a cool kid and has about a year in the mission as well. I get along with the both of them really well and I am happy with the fact that I am leaving everything in their hands.Theyre good guys and good friends. Its weird being in a trio again and knowing that I am ending in the exact way that I started... in a trio =) haha Kinda funny how that worked out. But I am stoked to be making all these plans to finally come home. Everyone is saying goodbye here and asking when Im leaving... I printed some pictures out today and wrote on them to give to these families that have had such an impact on me since I arrived here. Its been a great experience. =)
Now, as I sign off for the last time as a full time missionary for the church. my emotions are very bittersweet... sad to say that I will be leaving the people that I have spent so much time with and grown to love so very much. It wasnt so much the mission that made the experience great... but really seeing the love that people offered us was what made things worth it. These people gave me so much, and I feel Ive given them so very little... But I know that I have done my very best and that I have left it all on the field. Things I would have changed, of course, but its that way with everything. No one can serve a perfect mission. But I feel Ive given it my all and that I have nothing to regret.
Thank you to all who have supported me on this long 2 year journey. I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and love throughout this time. As the next chapter of my life begins I know I will be able to get off to a great start knowing the love that has been behind me pushing me to do my best will be there as long as I live. So thank you... thank you for supporting me in my hardships and for lifting me up during my downtimes... It does not go unnoticed I promise you. 
With A lot of love, 
Kia Kaha!

-Elder Proctor




No comments:

Post a Comment