"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, December 15, 2014

November 3, 2014 Cunduncan

Hey guys!
Well this week wasn't really that exciting. Haha I gotta be honest. We have been traveling all over the place this last week for divisions and haven't had that much time in the area. WE did have to the chance to go to Jalpe this last week and eat with a lady named Velia. Shes the mom of the stake president here in Cardenas.She is about 70 years old and said a few things to us that really hit home for me. She lives an hour away but has come to church in a taxi ever since she became a member of the church along with her family. She said, "yes, I have a lot of sons and daughters of high rank here in this church... they 're all great leaders. They have good heads on their shoulders and are well respected by everyone for what they have done. But, the higher they get, sure I congratulate them for all they've accomplished, but also, I worry for them more and more the higher they get." For me this really hit hard. I didn't really realize that being up there in the ranks worries family members... not worry in the fact that they're worried about them being respected or things like that, but worried in the fact that they'll do it right according to what the Lord wants done and not what they want done.To me, as a new district leader I worry for myself sometimes in this aspect. That each district class that I teach will be acording to what the Lord wants to be said and not what I want said. I dont know if this lady meant to come across like this, but she did and it hit me hard. I'm very grateful that I had the chance to talk with her about this.
We went to the graveyard and contacted people while in Canales on Saturday afternoon. It went well, but there weren't many people there. Everything happens on Sunday here. Not Saturday. So we missed it by a day. TRISTE!
Sandalo is progressing and getting there baby step at a time. She told us last night that she is divorced, but has been having a relationship with another man and is somewhat "in love" with him.... in my eyes its just a rebound, but who knows what goes on in this lady's head... haha. Shes a very intelligent lady, but when it comes to addictions, her body takes control of her and doesn't allow her mind to do what its supposed to. Its sad, but I can only sit back and encourage her to continue to do what she knows to be right. We taught about Eternal Families and the importance of baptism in this process. I really hope that what we taught her last night took hold on her and she is now acting on it =)
I love you guys and hope you have a great week this week =) Kia Kaha!
-EProctor


We have the same ties.

Cacow Fruit

Add capThis is a foto of my District =) Three of them finish their missions on the 24th of november.tion

No comments:

Post a Comment