"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014 - Aeropuerto

Well...
Elder Smith (from Santa Clara, Utah) & Elder Proctor
Hey everyone! Another week has passed and we are back here writing again. This week has been pretty decent. Transfers went well and I am now the Senior Companion with Elder Smith from St. George! Pretty cool being able to finally be in the drivers seat for the first time. I get to make all of the calls with making visits to certain people and I get to finally have the phone and the keys to the house now! Oorah! Its pretty exciting. Elder Smith is a really cool guy. We get a long a lot better and have about the same time in the mission so it makes things a lot easier for me because we can struggle together. Its not just me making a fool of myself anymore. I am super happy about that. The house we live (we also live with two other Elders. Elder Castillo has about 21 months and Elder Ricks is new and has about 1 week in mexico.) We have a lot of fun together and I get along with Elder Castillo really well. He was the zone leader while I was in Deportiva, Villahermosa. Pretty cool how things worked out there. I really am glad that we hooked up again and have the next transfer to hang out a bit more. Hes a super cool guy, along with Elder Smith and Elder Ricks. 
We havent really done a whole bunch this week so itll be cut a bit short this week. We have just been trying to figure everything out with the area book, where people and members live, and what needs to be done. I am only about fifteen minutes away from my last area so I know the area, relatively, so it makes things a tad bit easier, but still pretty difficult not knowing where the people live. The directions for houses here are pretty screwed up. Yes we are white washing again. Its become a routine for me now so its not a huge deal. I have white washed every area Ive been in... haha. Oh well. We have a couple of investigators that are progressing a little bit, but we still have to work on teaching more with unity. I like to push a little bit faster with the information and Elder Smith takes things a bit slower, so we need to find a good balance between the two. We are working on it. Its a bit frustrating at times, but itll work itself out eventually im sure. 
Well, I haven't gotten any packages yet because we haven't had a zone class but we are having one this Friday so I will probably get it then with the other things that have been sent. I think we will get along really well this transfer so I am pretty stoked about it. Elder Castillo is awesome and hed be someone Id hang out with after the mission. Hes a pretty cool guy. (from Guatamala) But other than that, we dont have much as far as teaching goes because everything is new and we havent been able to teach anyone consecutively yet but we are definitely working on it. Thats our only goal for this week. 
Thats about it for this valentines week! I hope everyone has a great week! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Love you guys! Keaton, Sadie, Dad, Mom, Rider, Zoey, Grandma Susan, Grandpa Reese, Grandma Ruth, Cousins, and all of those who have contributed to my mission. I truly think about all of you each and everyday. You guys are in my prayers every night and I seriously cannot thank you enough for the generous contributions that have helped me get here.  =) I am so very grateful to have each and everyone of you behind my back helping me out along this journey.  Until next week...
Kia Kaha!
-Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment