"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, October 21, 2013

Birthday & Food Poisoning

Hola Everyone!
In Villahermosa

Well, first off I wanted to say thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday this week! I had a great day and I am so grateful to have you all on my life. I don't feel 19 yet but I am sure that it will kick in here pretty soon. I really appreciate all the support from my neighbors and friends that helped me have such a great day. It was hard being away from family, but I could feel that love that was coming from you all. So thank you!
I had an interesting experience this week... I got up like normal at 630 and started studying like usual. We went out at about 11 or so and started trying to find people to teach. My stomach started hurting really really bad at around 6 at night. We went back and I immediately passed out. The next day, I was feeling the same exact way, except for worse. Elder Pugmire and I went to the doctor and, low and behold, I had gotten food poisoning! So I spent my birthday laying in my bed with nothing to do but open some packages that had arrived that day. It was nice to just have a day to kick back, but I hated not being to see or do anything. Elder Gray and Elder Pugmire got me a cake and a new Baltimore Ravens tie that is pretty sweet. I love those two. They're awesome. Along with the packages from you all, they made it really special even though I was sick as a dog. 
Elder Proctor  looking good but now down about 15 lbs.  
So that was my big event that happened this week. I wasn't able to go out for three days because of it so I don't have that much to report on this week, other than the fact that I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting yesterday! It went really well I thought. I talked about prayer and how it is important to everyone, especially missionaries. I don't know if it made any sense to them, but I don't think that is what mattered. They came up to me afterwards and said I did a good job... so Ill take that. HAHA The wedding of Hermano Raul went through and he got married this morning but he had some problems with drugs and smoking so he isn't allowed to be baptized quite yet. Nov. 10 is his baptism date if he stops the smoking and the drugs. Lets hope it all works out! With Hermano Daniel, we cant get a hold of his mom to sign the papers for baptism because she is always working and Daniel is underage so he cant sign for himself. She is a ridiculously hard woman to reach.We go by his house almost everyday but she is never there. Its a little frustrating because we are literally just waiting on her. We are hoping that she will just be there one day and we can get her to sign the paper. 
I got the packages that you all sent. The candles have helped so much with how bad the bathrooms smell. I haven't had to buy  bathroom things yet, so I am using all of the stuff that we packed up. THANKS MOM! I am doing well with money and haven't had any problems yet. I don't really need anything right now. I am doing fine. I found the DP in the Walmart that they have here so I can get the drinks I want.  

Anyways, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! I CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH! YOU ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME AND I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU ALL BEHIND ME SUPPORTING ME WITH WHATEVER IT IS THAT I DO. I CANNOT EXPRESS THE AMOUNT OF LOVE I HAVE FOR YOU ALL, FAMILY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS. THANK YOU.  I hope you all have an amazing week this week with whatever it is that you do. Stay strong! 
KIA KAHA!
-EP
-Smile and keep your heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment