"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, August 17, 2013

MTC Letter #6

Hola Familia!

Elder Proctor and Sister Warr (& comp.)
The move went well. It made for a long morning because we weren't the only zone that was moving. I had to make sure that everyone was good to go and ready to leave. I had to do room inspections for every single district in our zone.  Annie's zone stayed at the west campus so I don't see her as much any more. I did, however, get to go up to the west campus for "in-field orientation" yesterday. We ran into each other at lunch and at dinner when I had a break in between classes. She wrote me a goodbye note a couple of days before I left and I wrote her one back. She seems to be doing alright. She is doing good though from what she has told me. 
Elders on their way to get their VISA's


 I never got the opportunity to be a host because the week that we were eligible to sign up for it, we got moved to the other campus and they don't even have hosts down here. I have only run into Annie, Nate Lee, Mike Park (Hogan's buddy) and Jiffy. I have seen some people that I recognize with basketball, but I don't really know who they are. Other than that, I haven't really seen anyone that I know.  

I am in the same group as my entire district traveling to Mexico. Elder Enos and EchoHawk are leaving on Monday and the rest of us leave on Tuesday. The group that leaves on Tuesday is all on the same plane and same schedule. 
Elder Proctor's district
I am doing good! I think the reality of everything is starting to set in. We all got our travel plans the other day and everyone went quiet when we opened them up. I think it kinda hit everyone here that we will be in mexico really really soon. We all are paying a lot more attention in class now because we want to know everything that we possibly can to make it out alive. Its coming along well though. I am learning a lot of Spanish. Still am having some problems with the grammar and understanding some of the longer words, but overall I am doing alright with everything that has been taught. I am working hard to try to understand as much of everything as I can. Its difficult to focus so strongly on one subject and then switch over to something completely different for the same amount of time with the same amount of focus. We are done teaching investigators, and I believe that we did a good job finishing up with Ignacio and with Roberto. Hermano Stallings had a session with us where he told us all about the real Ignacio and how he really acted. It was funny to hear him talk about Ignacio because Stallings had to go through the same stuff that we did with Ignacio. It was pretty funny though. 

Elder Proctor and Elder Martin - same graduating class @ Alta

Things are going well for me here. I had a really busy week this week and it was kinda stressful. We had a lot of class time this week, which made everything feel slower but we are all looking forward to Tuesday when we leave.  We are doing good and getting packed all today so that we wont have to worry about it later on tomorrow or Monday night last minute. I am doing good and life is treating me well so far.  Yo quiero ustedes estan felice con todas cosas. Te amo y les quieres mucho!

-Elder Proctor

Smile and Keep your Heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment