"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, August 10, 2013

MTC Letter #5

Hola Mi Familia!
 
Yo envio un carta a ustedes ayer, entonces usted debe la carta por proximo semana. Yeah, that's right. I know Spanish. I shared all of my experiences from this last week in that letter so I wont really email much this week.

Deep into Jesus the Christ, "most comfortable chair in the house"
Things are going well for me here. Being a Zone Leader is a lot of fun. I get a lot of privileges that you would never get while being just a regular member of the district. I can sit on the stand during sacrament meetings and I can make assignments for people to help out when I need them too. District 35A is now the oldest district in our zone! (District 35A is my district) Its crazy that we are the oldest now! Feels like just yesterday we were brand new to this whole thing. Sometimes I still feel like I just got here! Its insane how fast the days seem to fly by. I am staying busy and working hard at understanding the lessons and trying to focus my attention on the grammar of the language. I am picking things up really quickly. I am doing very well when it comes to teaching also. We teach at least once a day to either Roberto or Ignacio. Ignacio is my favorite because he is a single, 45 year old man who lives with his mom. He kinda reminds me of Grandpa Reese a little bit because his personality is almost the same. (Ignacio is really our teacher Hermano Stallings; the one who served in Bogota, Columbia.) Roberto is just really stubborn with things. He reads the bible every day and prays to God but doesn't fully understand the importance of el Libro de Mormon. We had a TRC experience on Wednesday. TRC is when you teach an actual member of the church that volunteers to come and help us out with the language. A lot of the time they're older people who went on missions to Spanish-speaking countries. Its nice because they speak so slowly and its easier to understand them. We have a lot of fun with that and we do our best to teach them what we know. 
The Zone
Elder Hagund, Bingham, Woodland, Petersen, and I all got called down to the travel office yesterday to find out that we are going into Salt Lake City to pick up our visas on Monday morning at 10AM. We are riding trax down there and will be having lunch down there too.  It should be fun to travel with these guys. They're a lot of fun to be around and hang out with. Elder Echo Hawk and Enos both got to go down to Vegas this last Friday because they're the only two in the entire MTC that are going to Puebla, North. They took lots of pictures and said that they had a great time. They flew down there and back in one day. Kinda insane! I can honestly say that I cannot wait to get on a plane again. Haven't been on one in a while. Elder Petersen has never been on a plane before so it should be interesting to see how he handles traveling down to Mexico for his first flight. HAHA. We are all praying for him. Can't wait though!

A favorite teacher Hermano Jaen
Other than that, I am happy to hear that you all are doing well and staying busy with everything that you're doing. Keep it that way. This last month has flown by because of that. Yeah, there were those days that seemed to drag on but its almost like school all over again. The only difference is that you have class from 8am to 9pm and you're only learning two subjects. Half of it is Spanish, and the other half is the Doctrinas de Cristo. Es muy divertido. 

Mom, you'll be happy to hear that I was able to play the piano for my district after lunch a little while ago. They loved hearing Pirates and then I played All of Me and they were amazed with it. I don't know why because its really not that hard to play. It just looks hard. The rest is all muscle memory. But, they liked it a lot. They want me to play in sacrament meeting, but because I'm a ZL, I am the one who gets to choose whether I want to or not =)  I am playing basketball and soccer with the zone too. Elder Kroll, is about six-four and can dunk without even jumping. His arm span is insane. I had he chance to guard him a couple of times... I don't want to talk about it. I still have the quickness though. Soccer is coming along. Occasionally I will get a goal or two a game. I just don't have the quickness with my feet yet that I have with my hands with basketball. 

Devotional set up - "exact and the same every week".
 The letter that I am going to send has everything in it that has happened and what my plans are for everything. Anyways, I hope all is well at the house and the puppies are doing well. I wish Rider the best with his leg. Give him a big squeeze for me. I miss the dogs so much. More than I though I would. I hear Zoey got shaved and is looking more like babe every day! Love ya Girl! Love ya Bubba! They're the best dogs ever. Stay busy and know that I love all of you and I am praying for all of you each day. Stay strong with everything. I am a big boy and I can handle things on my own so don't worry about anything. I know the Lord will keep me safe in Mexico. Thank you for all of the amazing support that you have given me and for all that you have done to get me here. I love you Keat, Sadie, Mom, Dad and the puppies! You guys are the best!
Con Mi Amor,
-Elder Alex Proctor
 
Smile and Keep your Head up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment