"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

MTC Letter #1A

July 13, 2013

Hola!  How is everybody doing?  This is is my first hand-written letter home so you better keep it!  the stamps and envelopes here are very expensive so i don't want to be spending a lot of money on them.

With that being said, my time here at the MTC has been great so far.  My companion and I taught our first investigator yesterday all in Spanish and it went really well!  Our "investigator's" name was Ivan Perez.  He is from Colombia and is only fluent in Spanish.  They really hound you with Spanish while you're here . . . 4-5 hours a day in the morning and at night.  It is a lot of Spanish.  I am learning so much about the language and about the scriptures that I never knew before.  I can't really get around the fact that I am a missionary.  I wake up at 6:30 and put on a name-tag.  Its weird to look at myself in the mirror and see the name-tag there in my suit pocket.  It is a hard lifestyle to get used to but it is coming along fine so far.

I figured out how to send picture so look forward to those also.

Te Amo!

Con Amor,
Elder Alex Nelson Proctor

- Keep your head up and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment