"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, July 14, 2013

MTC Letter #1

Hola!

I have been at the MTC for a little over three days now and I am loving it! My companion is Elder Haglund and he is a super nice guy. Turns out that he played for A-Train and was playing on the team that I that night when I broke my arm! He is about 6'3" and is about 240lbs. He is a little bit bigger than I am. We get a long very well though and I am positive that he will be a great example to me. The room where I am staying is quite a ways away from where all the action is but I am rooming with two of the best missionaries in our district; Elder Echo Hawk and Elder Enos. Echo Hawk is from Idaho and Enos is from Mesa, Arizona and is Hawaiian also. They are both great and very fun to be around. My district is great also, in fact, my district leader is Elder Enos. It is all Elders with no sisters at all. We all get along very well. My teachers are great and are very understanding of the amount of language that we can contain in one day. His name is Maestro Jaen. He is from Mexico City so he is a native of the language and he is a great help in learning the language. The hardest part, I believe, is waking up at 6:30 and then immediately going to class for four hours every morning, but I can honestly say that I have learned more Spanish in three days than I had three years in high school. Its really weird to hear myself speak a different language but I am understanding more and more and it is feeling more natural each day we learn something or say something.

I like receiving mail here. Its nice to get a letter in the middle of the day and read it at night when everyone is asleep. Send me as much as possible because I would love to get some stuff from home whenever I can. Some Elders are getting food in the mail. (Elder Haglund got a butt-load of cookies yesterday night and they were gone in five minutes.) So, please send whatever you want to. I believe you have my address. If not, then send me an email back so I can give you the address next week. My P-days are Saturdays so I can email for an hour each day now because the Temple is closed for maintenance until the twelfth of August. I also found out when I leave for Mexico, August 20, and I also know when I get back also; June 23, 2015. Don't ask me why its two weeks early because I have no idea why. But that's perfectly fine with me!

I am loving it so far. Yes, I do miss home, and I miss you guys a lot, but I know now that I am doing is the right thing. Thank you all for your examples to me. I know I don't say it enough in person or face
to face, but I want you all to know that. 

Yo se que la iglesia de jesucristo es verdadero y yo se que familias son eternos. Te amo! 
-Elder Proctor

Smile and keep your head up!

No comments:

Post a Comment