"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 25, 2013 - Villahermosa

Hey Guys!
Well this week was a tad bit better than last. We finally got a chance to fix a date for Hermano Daniel. Tomorrow is supposed to be his baptism. His mom went out of town completely unexpected and didnt tell anyone she was leaving, so it left Elder Gray and I in a bit of a rough spot. Tomorrow is the day for him! After that, transfers are on the 16th of December. We already know that we are getting transfered... Where to? I dont know. But they are bringing in 14 new Sister Missionaries that are American. First time in the history of the mission. So they are going to keep all of them rather close to the mission offices just in case something happens. So, theyre booting Elder Gray and I out... Awesome. But I am hoping for a new start somewhere else. I am hoping for the best with this. As far as everything else goes, we are trying our best with working with the ward to find new investigators. The ward we are in, Deportiva 2, has some amazing members in it, but it is extremely difficult to get references from them and we have no idea why. We are both really struggling in that regard, but still staying strong with what weve got. Its definitely tough.
We recieved word this last week when we had Elder Johnson (our Area President of the 70) came last night, that we are going to be going to Palenque next monday again! Wahoo! It was a lot of fun the last time we went and I am really looking forward to seeing all of the things I didnt see last time again. Should be really fun. Anyways, Elder Johnson came, along with Elder Walker (no idea who he was, younger, about mid 40s) and basically told our entire mission, including a lot fot he members, that we werent doing our job... haha. He was pretty much ridiculing the members because our numbers are so bad with member present lessons and our number of less actives was terrible. we have over 12000 members, but 9000 of them are less active... So he shoved that in our faces. It was actually pretty funny because it really is true. The members dont really helpe the missionaries other than feed them every week. But I cant complain, our ward isnt that big. About 60-70 in asisstance every sunday. But it was cool to hear the things he had to say. There were so many missionaries there, and so many other members of the church. It fillied the entire stake center.... Crazy!
Im sorry to hear that Sadie was sick this week.... Sorry Sades! Get better soon! =) Ill be praying for you! Sounds like everyone is staying busy and working hard with whatever it is that they have going. Keep it up! I know that it will be worth it!
To answer moms questions:
-I got the halloween package and I really enjoyed having those doritos... they werent smashed but it was hard to get them out of the containers without smashing them all... it was still great though!
- I havent really recieved anything else yet but Im sure that I will get something this week, and, if not, next week. I told the Sec. of Materiales, Elder Flake, to keep a special look out for me for the letters/packages that come in.
-I dont need anything right now really. I am looking for some new luggage though. The stuff I have, other than the bag dad sent me with, is pretty much a pain trying to pull around because the wheels are crap. So I am looking for another big bag thats under 100 dollars.... Sorry if thats expensive but I desperately need a new one. Thatll be my Christmas present. =)
Apart from everything else, things are going well. Better than last week thats for sure. I am trying to be strong. Doing my best with what I got. I love you all and I hope you all have an amazing and busy week this week! Time will only go faster! Pray for missionary opporunities because we need all the help we can get! I LOVE YOU ALL!
KIA KAHA
-EP

No comments:

Post a Comment