"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween in the Villa - November 9, 2013

Hola Everyone!
Seems as though this Halloween was a great one! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I hope ya'll got a bunch of candy! What was funny though is that they have the same tradition down here. The kids dress up and gather in big groups to go out trickortreating! Its pretty funny to see their take on all of the different costumes. I am glad everyone is staying busy though!

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I cannot send pictures today... The computer is terrible and is slower than molasses so I am out of luck with that. Sorry everyone. I will take some good pictures this week and try to send them from a better computer next week.

The good news is that we have a baptism planned for this week for Hermano Daniel! After much trial and tribulation, we finally were able to meet with his mom and she finally agreed to let us baptize him this coming Saturday. CRAZY! It was really cool to see how that whole situation played out. He is such a cool kid and so much fun to talk to. That really was the only highlight of the week. We decided to drop Hermano Raul because he had a huge problem with smoking and drinking and wasn't progressing in any way... we thought he was, but he dropped the bomb that he had still been doing all of that stuff and taking advantage (in a bad way) of the law of chastity... Oh well. It was sad, but we did the best we could do with him. As far as other investigators go, we are teaching Hermana Cinderella (the lady who cut my hair two weeks ago) and found out that she is dating a professional baseball player from Venezuela named Tomas. He is jacked like no other! Holy Smokes the guy is a monster! His arms are the size of my waist... I am super jealous of him. Hes a cool guy and we have been trying to teach him so that will be our goal this week. We have given a lot of blessings this week also. We gave one to a sister that had been sick for a little while and what was really cool is that she was perfectly fine the next day we saw her. Insane how that worked out right? The second was when we took an ex-missionary named Jesus Zapata (yes that means Jesus Shoe in Spanish) and took him to teach an investigator named Monica that had had some contact with the missionaries from Tenosique a little while before I was there! She is about 17 or 18 and had been having troubles accepting the catholic faith in her life because she wants to change. She is really cool and so much fun to teach.

Apart from all of those events with teaching, I will answer those questions that you have. I have not received any package yet but I will be looking out for it this week. My missionary experience before the mission was a lot different than it is now. Nowadays we can only go through members to receive people to teach or to find investigators. Its a lot easier and gets our job done a lot faster. Before the mission, I thought it was only knocking doors for four hours a day and then asking people to be baptized in the first lesson. Here, its a lot different. We only talk to members and the people that we feel inspired to talk to on the street. I love it this way. We don't have to worry keeping track of a bunch of people that opened the door for us if we were to knock on it. Elder Gray and I have really been talking to every single member of the ward to try to get people to teach. A lot of missionary work has to do with how the members act with the missionaries. IF there weren't members, missionaries would be literally lost. WORK WITH THE MISSIONARIES BY GIVING THEM REFERRALS!

Well, Because I don't have much time here, I am going to try to send a picture or two, but I cant promise anything. Right now all I really need are some more of those milk chocolate powder 'breakfast essentials' things that you sent a little while ago. Those are amazing to have in the morning with a bowl of cereal. I also needed some more of those water-mix packets that give water a taste. The small thin ones that have different flavors. I would really appreciate it, if you can, to send me a small Preach My Gospel in English. I cant seem to find my old one. I may have left it at the MTC or something... Not sure. But I would love that. For Christmas, all I would like is phone call from you guys (through skype) and... an electric razor. I hate shaving with a razor here because of how hot it gets. It burns... Like.... bad. So I would love a three-ringed electric razor. PLEASE SANTA? Haha. Thanks.

Well I'm gonna wrap up this letter by saying that I hope you all have an amazing week and I hope that things stay good for you all. Know that I pray for each and every one of you guys everyday. You all mean the world to me in ways you cannot even begin to imagine and I would not be here right now, sitting at this computer in VIlla, if you hadn't been a part of my life. Thank you. Stay strong and always keep your heads up. The Lord is on your side.
Kia Kaha,
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment