"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Friday, May 16, 2014

May 12, 2014 Aeropuerto - Post Mother's Day

Well I am pretty sure that this letter will be rather short judging by the fact that I talked with all of you yesterday through Skype. It was so awesome being able to see you all and actually communicate with you guys. So much better than reading emails on Mondays, but this will have to do until December. Oh well.... 
It was super nice being able to show you all how I live day to day and to see the type of people that I communicate with on a daily basis. I felt really weird when we hung up and I had to call again to figure things out with Elder Smith, but he was finally able to get a hold of his parents and call them. He spent about the same amount of time talking to his family and girlfriend. It was cool being able to see where he was from and the type of background that he was raised in. We don't have much communication outside the lines of missionary work in that subject as companions. But it was cool meeting everyone. The other elders spent a long time as well so don't worry that I went over time... haha everybody did that I have talked to. 40 minutes to an hour just isn't enough when you only get to see the people you love most once or twice a year. I tried to make it count and show you what life is like as a missionary. =) Hope it was to your liking.
Nothings changed, so I think I will wrap this letter up this week. I just wanted to let you all know how happy I was to finally talk with all of you and to see you all face to face for once. It really took my week from being good to amazing. I hope you guys all continue to be the best that you can and continue to try your hardest in all you do. Don't worry about me here. I'm doing what I've been told and trying my hardest as well. 
Love you guys.
Kia Kaha,
EP

PS- I finally took dads advice and got my shoes shined =) 15 pesos and they look brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment