"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 29, 2014 Aeropuerto

Winding down the World Cup, Mexico has been absolutely crazy here... They played The Netherlands this last Sunday and they lost 2 to 1... everyone was going insane. So many drunk people were talking with us and wanting to have us go watch the game with them.... Yeah, we told em no. But it was cool hearing everyone go nuts when they scored that first goal.... hahaha I love the World Cup. But I have to say... USA USA USA USA!!!! Let me know how the game goes =)

Well this week was kind of a bust... We had plans for Galileas baptism on Saturday so we planned her interview for Thursday afternoon. We finally got to the church for the interview and we sat there waiting for 30 minutes... No one showed. I gave her mom a call and she picked up. She told me that she was really sick and couldn't have picked up the phone to text me or tell us that they couldn't make it. She had really been struggling physically so she decided to call off the baptism... BUMMER! So the only other day that they can do it is on the 19th of July... Such a long time away for someone who is so ready. I am just worried something will change there and that they will make it more of a priority than what it is now. Kinda frustrating, but its alright, we found someone new this week that is golden =)
His name is Nathaniel. Hes 16 and is super cool. He reminds me a lot of Jake Peterson.... haha =) Super smart kid. We taught him lesson 2 twice about the plan of salvation because he had some questions about it. After that, we went back and taught him lesson 1 about the restoration and he got really into it. It was a super powerful lesson, especially when we got to the book of Mormon. We had one with us to give to him at the end of the lesson and the coolest thing happened... He grabbed the book between his hands and just smiled =) But it wasn't a normal smile... it was like a, "I have been waiting so long for this moment," kind of smile. Probably one of the coolest things I have seen. Elder Smith and I were taken back by his response to this. He wasn't able to come to church, but plans to come next week with us. He has a baptismal date for the 19th of July also and we hope to be able to baptize him without any issues =) Hes a pretty legit kid. 
Its always hard trying to find new people. But we have had a lot of struggles with teaching people that are atheists or Jehovah Witnesses or Seventh Day Adventists... We cant seem to find a way around their doctrine to prove that they're wrong... maybe that's not the way to go about it, but its the only way that we can think of. 
Rewarding was seeing the face of Hermano Nataniel. It was one of those Kodak moments if you know what I mean =) You had to be there to feel how powerful it was. 

Well, to add to all this, I have finally finished reading the Bible in Spanish =) What a great accomplishment right? It was super tough because there are parts in Isaiah that I cant even understand in English so... yeah... its even harder in Spanish. But oh well =) I did my best to read it. My bible is full of notes and stuff. I cant wait to show you all =) Haha I am pretty savvy with them scriptures now =) You'd be proud of it. 

I really do love getting mail from you guys. I am trying my hardest here and doing the things that I should be doing and it brings joy to my heart knowing that even with all that you have going, you still think about me and love me even though I know that I'm not a perfect person. But with you guys behind me supporting me, I know that it is perfect =) Love you guys.
Kia Kaha!
EP

PS This is a picture of my new favorite drink =) Its so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment