"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, August 3, 2013

MTC Letter #4

Hola Mi Familia!

Mi vida en le MTC es muy bien y mi companeros son muy muy gran! (My life in the MTC is very good and my companions are very very great!) I have been doing a lot of new stuff this week. We had the chance to start doing contacts which is where you talk to random people on the street and ask if you could meet with them another time. It was really awkward because we could only meet with other missionaries at the MTC. Also, it was all in Spanish. That made things pretty interesting.

Yesterday was probably one of the most spiritual moments I have ever had in my life. We had a substitute teacher for our night class last night because Hermano Jaen wasn't able to be there. Our sub's name was Hermano Avila. He also looks like a big teddy bear but he is native Mexican and has lived in LA most of his life. Anyways, his lesson was great. Two hours of Spanish practice and then an hour of coaching at the end. The hour of coaching was incredible. He told us all about his life and how rough it was because he was a convert to the church when he was young. His family didn't want him to go on his mission because he was called to serve in Mongolia, speaking Hmong. His lesson about his life and difficult it was for him when he got back was amazing. Everyone in the district was listening and paying attention. He talked about when he came back and how tough it was for him to see that his family wasn't the same when he got back. He felt that Satan had taken over his family while he was gone. Eventually, we got onto the topic of repentance. I have no idea how, but we did. He asked all of us to think of someone that we thought needed to go through the repentance process in our own lives. Immediately, my companion broke down into tears. I did the same. I had no idea why, because normally, that type of stuff wouldn't really bother me. But I completely broke down. Imagine that feeling that we had at that moment. It took him a solid 5 minutes to even start talking to Avila. I eventually looked up and noticed that the other Elders were all crying also. The spirit was amazingly strong in that room last night.  By the end of that little lesson shared with everyone, everyone in the room was crying. It was the most touching moment that I have ever witnessed up until this point. Avila offered a closing prayer and asked Heavenly Father to bless each of our family’s individually. It was amazing.
Alex's room for the next 2.5 weeks
I don't need any more candy though haha... my desk drawers are filled with candy that hasn't even been touched yet. I don't really need any more DP either. It’s hard to keep it refrigerated because we don't have a refrigerator. So we just cover it with a sheet on the AC vents in our rooms. It works pretty well. =)

Alright, well things are going well and the experiences here, if you can't tell already, are getting better every day. It’s getting easier and easier. Teaching is still a little difficult because they speak so quickly, especially Hermano Stallings. Sometimes I wonder if he is even pronouncing words. It’s ridiculous. Jaen is really busy with his new job and is a little stressed out, but he is the happiest guy I know. I hope to get some pictures of the both of them to send to you next week. You'll see what I mean when I say that Jaen is a big teddy bear... =)  


"This is my sanctuary"  Alex gets the top bunk.
So, I'll log off for now. I want you all to know that I love you and that I think about each of you every day. Mi familia es muy muy muy importante y yo querio saber te amo. Thank you for all that you have sent me while I've been here; the shoes, camera, the candy and shirts. I love hearing from you guys each night when those DearElders come in. The always come right after dinner time at around 5:30. That is the best part of my day. Keep sending stuff! Whatever you feel I will need or want to have... send it! I love getting things from you guys. Keep your eyes on the mailbox, cuz I will be sending some letters this week at some point, probably Tuesday is when I will write them, so be expecting them by Friday at the latest. Te Amo!

Con Mi Amor,
Elder Alex Nelson Proctor

Smile and Keep your Head Up!




No comments:

Post a Comment