"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 9, 2014 Aeropuerto

Whats Up Everybody!
FIRST OFF! THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE! THAT WAS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST PACKAGES THAT I HAVE GOTTEN! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THAT! THE SHOES FIT WELL, AND THE CANDIES WERE GREAT. THE TWO TIES ARE LEGIT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 
Not much happened this week apart from Stake Conference that we had on Saturday and Sunday. We were super busy trying to get our investigators to come and only one showed up... crap. Hermana Galilea showed up for the second session on Sunday with her mom. Her mom is a member and wants her daughter to be baptized on the 28th of the month. Hopefully things go well there. Wish us luck. 
Aside from that, we met a new investigator this week named Michelle. She is 12 and has a heart of gold. By far one of the most prepared 12 year old girls I have taught since I started here. She is part of a part member family and is really ready to be baptized. Its only a matter of time. We have taught her all of lesson 1 and are starting with lesson 2 this week. She kind of came out of no where honestly. We went to go eat with a member and she told us about her daughter and then bam, she walks in the door. HA! It was pretty cool actually. So, she lives in our area and we have begun teaching her. We also put her date for the 28th as well, but she didn't come to church this last week... so we may have to move it back. It depends on how she reacts to everything. 
English class is good. We have it every Wednesday at 7 and we had two random people show up to it last week. They live close to where we live so they could be golden =)   Its tough because Spanish is different in some states down here. Like the Spanish is cleaner the more north you go. Here its really dirty and sounds kinda gross but its still Spanish. I feel like I can get along pretty well though.  I am staying here with Elder Smith one more transfer! (at least until I complete 1 year in July.)
So far I am good. My feet are a little sore, but I am doing fine as far as I know. 
I have learned a lot of patience. That's about it for right now. I have learned a lot about myself and I have grown to love the things that I took for granted back at home. Warm water... air conditioning,... transportation... family.... and life in general. 
Well, that's about it for this week. Its been pretty normal and we are just going to start completely new this transfer. Dump all of the people that are we are wasting time with start new. =) That's the game plan this transfer!
I love you guys and I can see that you all are doing great things. Recital pieces, basketball, work, friends... man no wonder the time is going so quick for you guys. =) Its great that you're staying busy with all of it. I am proud of you all. I am fine, no need to worry here. I'm doing my best that I know how to. No need to fret =)
Love you guys. Have a great week alright!
Kia Kaha,
EP
This is the family that we skyped you guys with. She is almost ready to have her baby!



We got stuck in a huge rainstorm and it was pretty bad if you cant tell =) We were sopping wet.... haha SO FUN though. 
Apparently they told us that we got stuck in a small hurricane, but it wasnt anything serious. It was so fun being cold hahaha... first time being cold in a year =)

Flowers are beautiful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment