"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014 Aeropuerto

Whats up guys?
Well after the hype of last week, nothing overly special happened here. We started off with some baptismal dates fall through because the people cant seem to get out of bed in the morning. Sacrament starts at eight and I would agree that its even a bit too early for the missionaries as well, let alone the new investigators that we invite to church. Oh well. 
Hermana Maria Jose talked on Sunday and she nailed it. She is such a cool person. It makes me really happy to know that she will be a convert for the rest of her life and that she will be strong in the church. For me at least, she is really special. She talked about faith and repentance in her talk and she did an amazing job being new to the entire thing. We helped her with some of the scriptures, but she did everything else and did a fantastic job. If we could only talk her mom into being baptized then things would be great. She has two younger sisters that are able to be baptized but the mom doesn't think that they are "old enough to make the decision for themselves yet." But then I asked her, "hermana, if you were to be baptized, would you allow your children to be baptized...?" and she responded, "si." and then I'm like, then whats the difference... haha oh well. I can understand the family traditions. Its just a speed-bump for them is all. It ll all fall into place sooner or later. 


Hermana Sofia told us that she had made her decision that she didn't want to change religions... she talked with the Father of her church and he told her it was a sin to change.... biggest joke ever. But she has allowed us to continue teaching her so its all good. We even brought hermana Maria Jose along to share her story with her because they both have the exact same situation. Just pray for her that she will realize its all true =) that's what we are doing here. 


Other than that, the only things that I ask for this week are for more people to write me. I love hearing from EVERYONE. Not just a few of you.  That's all for this week =) I hope you all had a great week and things are going well. I was happy to hear about sadies sporting events! Way to go sista! Love ya girl! Love you mom and dad... you guys mean the world to me. Keatster... man I miss you bro. SO much. I cant wait to play some ball with you =) Kickin it old school right? Live it while you got it bro. 
"Remember on or off the field, I'm always with you, live it while you got it."
Kia Kaha!
-Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment