"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 Aeropuerto

Whats up everyone!
I had a pretty laid back week this week. Nothing overly special to report this week so this weeks letter might be cut a tad short. Sorry, I cant really control how things work out here... I just have to go along with it all.
Yes, he kissed a turtle
Firstly, we all went to go eat on Thursday afternoon at a members house. We go to sit down and she has a plate that is only fish... nothing but. Soup and a huge cooked fish. GREAT.... I hate fish. But, oh well, we ate it all and tried to have the best attitude while doing it. The bad part is what happened afterwards. We all got back to the apartment and immediately the sickness set in... It was terrible. All four of us, Elder Ricks, Elder Castillo, Elder Smith and I all got sick. We stayed in for the night and had to stay in the next day also. It was terrible. Nothing more tan a small stomach virus or something, but it got to the point where I had to go to the bathroom and throw up at the same time... imagine that feeling. I cant even begin to describe it... the amount of pain I was in that night. Oh well, Part of the adventure right?
The next thing is that I was asked to play the piano at a baptism for one of the new members in Puerto Real. I must say that I did a pretty good job with it. I didn't mess up, even though I only had to play two hymns. It was pretty cool to be the one playing instead of singing like I usually do. I am pretty proud of myself for it. I played Families can be together forever and I am a child of god. Pretty simple, but enough to give me a good sight-reading challenge.
Favorite meal gorditos
We are teaching a  girl about 18 years of age named Maria Jose. She is a friend of the daughter of the bishop in our Ward and has probably progressed the fastest tan any other investigator that I have had. She is super cool and will do just about everything that we have asked her. The rule now is that you have to attend the church services five times before you can be baptized, and right now she has three so we are only waiting on two more weeks and then she will be baptized before this new transfer ends. It'll be really cool to see her be baptized. The old missionaries left her because she was too young and didn't have much support from her parents. Now, she has told us that she is ready, she just needs to wait out the time in order to be baptized. Talk about someone who was prepared for us to find... crazy how little things like that work out.
Anyways, that's about it for today. Like i said, nothing huge other than us getting sick and what not. We are working hard as the heat kicks in here. Still hotter tan anything I have ever experienced in my entire life.... ugh sometimes its a pain, but I can work through it. I am loving the new apartment. SO much better tan the other one. Two air conditioners makes it a lot nicer at night because of how hot the apartment gets during the day. I love it.  
"yep, we walk . . . a lot"
I hope you all have  a great week this week. Know that I love you all and pray fro you each and everyday. I hope you know that. Thank you for your letters and kind words. I really appreciate those that write me each week. Thanks for all you do for me =) I truly cannot thank you enough. =) Have fun during Keats court of Honor on Thursday! I will be thinking aobut you bud! Do a good turn daily alright! Stay strong!
Kia Kaha!
-Elder Proctor



Trying on new suit coats

No comments:

Post a Comment