"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Friday, January 24, 2014

January 20, 2014 - Carmen

Whats up everyone!
This week was pretty insane. We set a total of SIX baptism dates for the month of february in about three days time. How crazy is that? I have to tell you about what happened on wednesday afternoon though first. 
So Elder Gray and I were companionship studying and Elder Gray noticed a small mouse run through the crack in our front door. We both were freaking out so we called over Elder Sepulveda and Larsen to come help us get the mouse out from behind our refrigerator because thats where it went. We opened the front door to try to coast it back out side if it made a break for it. We had it cornered. Low and behold, our monster of a dog, Chester, decided that he wanted in on the action. He knew that the mouse was there so we moved the refrigerator and the mouse booked it out and ran under the couch that we have in the front room. Elder Gray and I lifted the couch up and Chester saw the mouse. Chester grabbed it in about 3 seconds and had its tail hanging from his mouth as he walked out the door like nothing happened... We have a monster of a dog! Haha. Oh it was so funny though. He just ate it like it was his morning breakfast... I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. But that was the huge event for the week.
Apart from that event, we set a baptismal date for Fernando (He is the 18 year old that works at hotel victoria) The only problem is that he lives in a different wards boundaries so that baptism wont count for us even though we taught him. Oh well, we still got five. So after him, we have Johanna Elizabeth. Shes about fifteen and came up to us with her mom on sunday and told us that she wants me to baptize her on the first of february! Her mom is a recent convert, but Johanna used to be an active Jehovas Witness.... She said she liked our church more and the doctrine of it is a lot more well rounded. So, we have her for the first! After her, we have Alejandra (Ally) and her mom Maribel. We had a family home evening with the Guttierrez family on saturday night and it was probably one of the best lessons that I have had while being out here. We decided to watch the resoration video with them and the family because Alejandra (17 years old) goes to school with Hermana Pilar in the Guttierrez family. Theyre really good friends. So we watched the video and we looked over after the video was over and Ally was in tears, along with her mom. The spirit was super strong there... I couldnt believe it. I asked her how she felt and if she could feel the spirit in the room. They both said they could. Elder Gray and I bore our testimonies and so did Hermana Pilar. They were crying almost the entire time. So, we asked them if they would seguir el ejemplo de Jesucristo al ser bautizado por alguien que poseo la autoridad de Dios. They both agreed right away... It was insane. It was a complete miracle because her mom hated the sister missionaries that were there before us... but we had something unique about us is what she told us. So we put their date for the 8th of february. That makes five. The other two are waiting to be married but as soon as they get their birth certificates, they want to be baptized as soon as possible. Julia and Jose. They are pretty cool and super receptive of the things that we have to teach them. They have a nephew that is looking for work down here but he lived in Houston for about 14 years and speaks english! So we have been communicating with him in english when we teach the lessons. Its super weird because I only know how to teach in spanish. Loco! Pero, todas formas, everthing is going well with the baptism dates and we hope that everything goes to plan with each of them. Hermana Dulce is a fantastic convert. She has come to all of the activities and has been adopted by the ward just fine. No problems at all. I am so happy to see it because she doesnt have much... very humble lady. But she gets up to go to church every sunday and is there during every lesson we have to teach. Shes amazing. I love her and her family to death. Im now just hoping that the rest of the baptisms that we have ready will work out. Im scared that theyll fall through last second, but Im hoping for the best.
Those are the amazing events this week.
I hope you all will have an amazing week this coming week! I hope to do the same! You all mean the world to me. I know I say it every single week, but its the truth. les quiero mucho. I have been blessed to be out here on the mission learning the things that I will need for the rest of my life. I am happy to know that I have such a strong family back home that will support me with anything that I do. Grandmas, grandpas and extended family. You all mean the world to me also. I wouldnt be here in the position that I am without the support and strength that you all offer me each and every day. I cannot thank you enough for the generous donations towards my mission. I truly appreciate it. I cant see it happening but my prayers are with you. Heavenly Father will bless you for the things you have done to help me. I wish you all the greatest week. Stay strong with all you do. Always keep your head up and smile. You never know who may be watching you that day. Say hello to someone you have never met before. That person could have been having a rough day and smile and a handshake is all that they needed. Just do it =) I miss you and love you at the same time. Im praying for you all in the things that you do. I just hope that you all have an amazing week and that things work out to your pleasure. 

Kia Kaha!
-Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment