"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, July 21, 2013

MTC Letter #2

Hola Familia!
Yo se que es muy dificil, oh wait.... forgot ya'll don't know Spanish ... mi mal.... CRAP! Yeah the language is starting to become a second nature to me, if you cant tell already. I am starting to think in Spanish also.. its really weird! Whenever we head off to bed or something, I go to write in my journal and everything that I am saying in the journal I can translate to Spanish  Its weird to hear myself speak Spanish because I am so used to English.

Anyways, I am glad ya'll had a good time at the reunion. Grandma emailed me and told me some stuff about it. Keep sending those dear elder messages though. Seems like those are the only things that I get here other than a box full of cookies from Grandma and Grandpa! Its nice getting mail here. As I've said before. Write me as much as you have time for! I like the written letters because they are more heart-felt and I like them more to be honest. I don't get a lot of time on the email every Saturday. Expect the emails to come at around 10 or 11 every Saturday though.

I really miss the puppies! I printed off those pictures you sent and I plan to hang them up in my room tonight. I cant wait to see them when I get back! 

I am not sure if i told you or not, but Elder Haglund and I taught our first investigator (His name was Ivan Perez. He is from Columbia but moved to Provo, Utah for work and to support his family. His entire family is devout Catholic.)  about two days after we got here in complete Spanish  He "didn't speak English at all." So we went along with it and taught him everything that we knew how to say in Spanish  We bore our testimonies in Spanish and taught him all about the restoration and the great apostasy. He asked us questions that we never knew and we had to guess what to answer him with. HAHA So a couple of days later we found out that we had another teacher that is different than our current one, Hermano Jaen is the current teacher. They told us that this "new" teacher was on vacation with his family and wasn't able to be here for the first couple of days. So, yesterday, we walk into our classroom at about eight or so in the morning. A white, guy, about 5'10" with blonde hair is sitting in the chair by the computer. (Ivan looked the exact same) We all said "Hola?" We were expecting Hermano Jaen to be teaching us... No. He turned around and said, "Hola Elderes! Como Estas?" IT WAS IVAN! His real name is Hermano Stallings. He got back from his mission about seven months from Columbia and was working in Provo to help pay for school. He speaks English too! They told us that he was on vacation when, in reality, he was our investigator Ivan Perez. Crazy right?! I thought it was pretty funny.

You'll be proud to hear that I did my own wash this morning! Its a lot easier than you made it out to be HAHA sorry mom. Companionship is going well and we are both loving it here at the MTC. The campus here isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be. I will try to send pictures. Sometimes the computers here work with the pictures and sometimes it doesn't. They are kinda mental... Keep sending my whatever you want. I would really like to hear from all of you more! Keep me updated on stuff you do!

I hope everything is going well for all of you! You all mean the world to me, and I will be forever grateful for the support that you have all given me over the course of these last few months. I cant wait to see all of you, (and the puppies) again in two years, That'll be the day... I am wishing you all the best and I am praying for you every day. Stay strong in everything that you do. Stay busy with work, school, and whatever else you guys do. Keep in touch and send me as much as possible. I want to hear from you guys as often as I can. I can honestly say that I have never cried so much in my life when I said good-bye to you all two weeks ago. That was the hardest day of my life and I really wish that I hadn't been so unhappy that day about everything. I am sorry for that. I am sure dad knows the feeling... Don't worry about me. Ill be fine. I am loving life here, and I know that the Lord is already blessing my life for choosing to be a missionary for this church. 

Yo se que la iglesia de Jesucristo es verdadero y el libro de Mormon es tambien. Yo se que Jesucristo es mi salvador y mi redentor. Yo se que Jose Smith traducir el Libro de Mormon y libro es solo verdadero libro en el tierra. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.


Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Alex Proctor

Smile and Keep your Heads Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment